Welcome to the historic Peña-Peck House, one of St. Augustine’s great treasures. It was home to prominent Spanish, British and American families, who helped shape three centuries of St. Augustine’s history. The Peña-Peck House was built circa 1750 by order of the King of Spain for Spanish Royal Treasurer Juan Estevan de Peña and his wife Maria Antonia. Just steps from Government House, its stature was ensured immediately. During the subsequent British occupation, it became home to governors – first, Acting Governor John Moultrie and then, his successor, Governor Patrick Tonyn. In 1784-1785, as British rule ended and Spain regained ownership, the house became the last seat of British government in North America, south of Canada.